Recipe: Banana Bread
Summary: a versatile banana bread recipe
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar (8 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (t.) baking powder (Backpulver)
- 1/2 t. baking soda (Natron)
- Beat together bananas, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla with mixer until well blended and light.
- Add fourl, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture and mix well.
- Scoop into well-greased long thin loaf pan (a round pan won’t bake the center).
- Bake at 350 (180) for about one hour or until center is firm and spongy.
- You can also make cupcakes for a shorter bake time.
You can use brown sugar, white sugar, natural sugar or whatever. Also you can use whole wheat flour if preferred. Use any oil but olive oil (too strong). You can substitute nuts for chocolate chips or add dried cranberries or raisins or chopped ginger.
Put a dark chocolate bar in freezer until hard. Then hit with hammer to break into small pieces. Not quite chocolate chips but it works. Add a broken chocolate bar to dough. Add a cup of raisins, dried cranberries or broken walnuts. Instead of vanilla add cinnamon.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)