Recipe: Tammi’s Vegetarian “Meat”loaf
Summary: The given name is kind of wrong, since nuts and cornflakes are what gives it its punch. As reviewers noted, it’s hard to believe that these ingredients yield something so amazing but I Made it for the husband’s birthday brunch with success. I will make one for the upcoming book group meeting here in Berlin. Followed reviewer suggestions for cutting an egg and some of the oil, and boosted it with extra flakes and a cup of diced red & green peppers. An hour gives it a nice brown color and firm texture. Delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) package creamed cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, vegetable oil, soup mix, walnuts and cereal. Spoon into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Fat: 21.5 g