Recipe: Madeline’s Simple Pasta
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 12 walnuts
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- mixed vegetables (for example: zucchini, red onion and bok choy)
- lemon juice
- pasta, cook al dente
- grated parmiggiano cheese
- chopped parsley
- Sauté @ 8 cloves of garlic and 12 walnuts in olive oil (a good amount of oil). For a little spice, add red pepper flakes too.
- When the garlic is almost brown, saute any veggies on hand (I used zucchini, red onion and bok choy) and when all caramelized I spritzed the mix with fresh lemon juice.
- When the saute is almost done, cook pasta al dente– reserve 1 to 2 cups of pasta water
- When everything is done, mix the olive oil sauté with the drained pasta and add the pasta water as needed to stretch the olive oil base.
- While still hot, add good quality grated parmiggiano cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Culinary tradition: Mediterranean