Recipe: Olga’s Cous Cous Bake
Summary: Easy cous-cous bake. Recipe submitted by Olga from the Berlin group.
- Cous-cous 250g
- One small Red onion – diced
- Two carrots – diced
- One zucchini – diced
- Ginger – a small piece, diced finely
- Two cloves of garlic – diced finely
- One egg
- A few dried tomatoes – cut to strips
- One quarter of Feta cheese – cut into small pieces
- Quatro fromagi mix (or any cheese you’ve got handy) – enough to cover
- the whole bake thinly
- Oil for frying
- Sweet red paprika powder
- Half a table spoon of oregano
- Mix cous-cous with a bit of salt and red paprika in a bowl. Fill it with boiling water so its surface is about 1cm above the cous-cous. Cover the bowl with a plate. Leave until the cous-cous absorbs all the water
- Place the onion in a small bowl and fill with boiling water. Leave for 2-3 minutes and drain.
- Fry the garlic and ginger on a small heat. After about 5 minutes add the carrots and after another 5 add the zucchini and dried tomatoes. When the ingredients are soft/ golden add a little bit of salt and the oregano.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix everything together with the egg and put in an ovenproof dish. Cover with the cheese mix. Leave in the oven until the cheese is golden.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern