Summary: Tammi’s favorite tabbouli recipe – no cooking!
- 3 tightly packed cups (about 3 bunches) parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 3 medium green onions (shallots/spring onions), white and light green parts sliced
- 3 large red ripe roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp bulgur
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, quartered lengthwise then finely sliced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the chopped parsley, mint and green onions in a large bowl and spread the chopped tomatoes over the top in a thickish layer.
- Sprinkle over the bulgur.
- Top with the finely chopped cucumber.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice and oil.
- Cover and chill overnight until ready to serve, then toss to mix all the ingredients together.
Different types of tomatoes, onions and / or cucumbers are all fine.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern