Recipe: Spinach Curry
Summary: spinach curry with a tomato base. Submitted by Jennifer from the Berlin group.
- 450 g spinach – frozen or fresh
- 150 ml peanut or wok oil (or less, by preference)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Heat oil over medium-high heat
- Add the tomato slices and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the spices and mix well
- Fry for another 1 – 2 minutes
- Add the spinach and fry for 8 – 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Season with additional ground cumin, salt, and pepper to taste
- Optional: mix with an immersion blender or hand mixer
Add fried paneer
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)
Made this dish twice now, after getting it from Jennifer. Absolutely outstanding. Ralf hunted up some paneer at a local Indian market to make it the Palak Paneer dish we’re always ordering out. A real keeper recipe!
Comments are closed.